shibboleth-dev - RE: ARP and Attributes

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: ARP and Attributes

  • From: Parviz Dousti <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>, "'Shibboleth Design Team'" <>
  • Subject: RE: ARP and Attributes
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:12:52 -0400

We never stablished the relationship between the SHAR and Resource. The way I see it a SHAR of *.edu means if AA is contacted by any shar from edu domain then it should look at the Resource they ask about. Match the resource and answer. To me SHAR and Resource are independent.

The fact that this SHAR is marked as "default" is a different thing. If no shar is given or no match is found we use the default.

To me SHAR is the entity that asks the question and Resource is the subject of the question.

I still don't see what is wrong with what I setup.

Parviz