shibboleth-dev - AA on shib2

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

AA on shib2

  • From: Parviz Dousti <>
  • To:
  • Subject: AA on shib2
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:46:32 -0400

I moved the newer version of ArpUtil and aa package to shib2. It is under /usr/local/lib/shib/beta. There is a src directory that has the latest source files. Javadoc pages can be found at http://icap.andrew.cmu.edu/aa. They do not have much explanation for methods and class but it is a good starting point. I will work on real docs later.

The new ArpUtil supports the retrieval of attribute values for a given user. You can use either a -dir or -sql switch to the "list" command and specify a user. Here is an example:

[dousti@shib2 beta]$ ./ArpUtil list parviz -dir ldap://metadir.andrew.cmu.edu/ou=person,dc=cmu,dc=edu dousti
Running as: dousti ...

ARP: parviz
SHAR: shar.cmu.edu
eduPersonAffiliation VALUE(S): Staff FILTER: student, staff, faculty,

Notice that I used attributes that are valid at CMU. Unknown attributes will give the value of NULL.

If you like to test the -sql option use it like this:

[dousti@shib2 beta]$ ./ArpUtil list parviz -sql jdbc:oracle:thin:@skydiver.andre
w.cmu.edu:1521:testbed dousti

Feel free to create a new ARP for yourself with "ArpUtil add foo" and play with it.

Comments, questions welcome.

Parviz