shibboleth-dev - Re: Shibboleth alpha version is ready

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Shibboleth alpha version is ready

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Barbara Jensen <>
  • Cc: "'Shibboleth Design Team'" <>
  • Subject: Re: Shibboleth alpha version is ready
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:17:49 -0700 (PDT)

> That sounds like a mysql permissions or driver problem to me. Make sure
> the mysql driver is in the tomcat path, make sure the shib database
> exists and allows access to the correct
> username@domain
> and password.
> Are you gettnig any messages from the tomcat stdout?

OK, I fixed one thing, which was making sure that all params were set
correctly in both the AAServlet and HandleServlet sections of
shibb/WEB-INF/web.xml. I suggest the deploy doc be more assertive about
pointing out that there are two sections and you have to set params in
each of them, as other people might miss that like I did.

But even after doing that and restarting I got the error page, and also
the tomcat line:

HandleException: Server configuration denies access to data source

again, though it doesn't seem to appear on every failed access. So I
guess that must be it complaining about not being able to write to the
database. Indeed the HandleService table in the shib database is empty.

I'm thinking maybe the JDBC driver isn't installed right? The deploy doc
says:

1. A MySQL database needs to be implemented along with a JDBC driver for
use by the AA. One available driver is
MM.MySQL(http://mmmysql.sourceforge.net/). The driver selected should
be unpacked and the .jar file should be moved to
/usr/local/tomcat/lib/apps/.

and I did that:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 124786 Apr 25 18:41 mm.mysql-2.0.13-bin.jar

but maybe there's more to it?

- RL "Bob"