shibboleth-dev - Port 8000 locked on shib1?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Port 8000 locked on shib1?

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Port 8000 locked on shib1?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:48:10 -0400

Not sure, but I think there's a zombie Apache that has the lp-web port
locked. I'm working on adding the Shib module to that instance, and
after one strange restart that appeared to die, I made a change and then
got the port in use error when I started it again.

The other wildcard is tomcat, I'm not sure how to share a Tomcat engine
between servers like this. I tried copying all the tomcat files from
/etc/httpd/conf/ to lp-web/apache/conf so that they aren't sharing
things. Don't know if that will help, if it caused the problem, etc.

Anyway, I'm out of my depth on both Linux and Apache, so some help is
solicited...