shibboleth-dev - monday call, discussion topic.......

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

monday call, discussion topic.......

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: monday call, discussion topic.......
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:54:02 -0500

I'd like to use most of the call discussing what we have to do in order to have Shib ready to ship to the first pilot site by two weeks from today -- friday, march 15. Clearly, its not going to be packaged to the point where they type ./configure, and it installs.

I'm more concerned about identifying decisions that have to be made, things that have to be defined, and code that has to be written.

The first three pilot sites (two internal to I2, one external) are similar, in terms of their demands on shib. The only attribute they need us to support is EPPN, and it can have a value of loginid@domain (the value the web authentication method passes to the HS) (rather than EPPN from the directory) if that simplifies the initial implementation. That may simplify the AA. Limiting to EPPN certainly constrains some of the complexity in the SHAR-RM-web resource communication, and constrains what the initial RM has to support.

Talk to you on monday.......