shibboleth-dev - AA responder progress

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

AA responder progress

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Shibboleth Design Team'" <>
  • Subject: AA responder progress
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:48:33 -0500

Parviz has put together a servlet that sends back a fixed attribute
assertion and after much gnashing of teeth, I've gotten the worst of the
kinks out of the runtime and managed to POST a SOAP message and get back
the response. I haven't validated the response with the runtime yet on
the C++ side (that's the next step).

A sample HTTP message you can paste into a telnet session to port 80 on
nada is attached. You can play with the message and see various errors
get handled as well.

The testing also revealed a bug in the XML parser that they think they
fixed, but didn't, which I reported. In the meantime, I had to change
the SAML protocol schema slightly to work around the bug until they get
it fixed.

-- Scott

POST /shibb/servlet/AAServlet HTTP/1.1
Host: nada.andrew.cmu.edu
Content-Length:708
Cookie: WAYFCookie=yes

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
<soap:Body>
<samlp:Request
xmlns:samlp="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-schema-protocol-27.xsd";

xmlns:saml="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-schema-assertion-27.xsd";
IssueInstant="2002-02-27T22:06:00Z" MajorVersion="1"
MinorVersion="0" RequestID="12345">
<samlp:AttributeQuery>
<saml:Subject>
<saml:NameIdentifier SecurityDomain="cmu.edu" Name="foo"/>
</saml:Subject>
</samlp:AttributeQuery>
</samlp:Request>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

  • AA responder progress, Scott Cantor, 02/28/2002