shibboleth-dev - Draft C++ runtime header

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Draft C++ runtime header

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Shibboleth Design Team'" <>
  • Subject: Draft C++ runtime header
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:03:25 -0500

I've published a first draft of the C++ header that specifies runtime
APIs for the SHAR to use:

http://usfs2.us.ohio-state.edu/webdev/Shibboleth/include/shibrun.h

I have some untested code behind it, but still have to implement the
actual SOAP binding from the client side, which I'll do this week.

This is *not* a C API at all, and it makes liberal use of standard C++
features.

Right now, the attribute interface is also C++, though that could
change. The best way to build a pluggable interface in C++ is actually
COM (not to mention you get language independence, so the plugins can be
in any language), but of course only Microsoft supports it.

Mozilla reimplemented (I have no idea why) a COM-like thing that may be
similar enough to be worth looking at, but we don't need anything that
fancy yet. I don't think it's language independent either.