shibboleth-dev - API progress, may be late to call

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

API progress, may be late to call

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Shibboleth Design Team'" <>
  • Subject: API progress, may be late to call
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:01:58 -0500

I have a conflict, and may be late (up to a half hour or so) to the
design call this afternoon. In lieu of my presence, here's a status
report.

There were some discussions amongst myself, Sridhar, and Ron about the
resource manager. I think we're on the same page, but I'll let them
provide any relevant information.

I worked on some revisions to the SHIRE APIs over the weekend, updated
the schemas and my code to the latest SAML draft, and did some
additional work on the AA support code. The source is updated on my site
and my javadocs are also up to date. I will be moving this code up to
nada and testing it presently. I will send along any changes I think are
needed to the HS or SHIRE to the developers directly so they can
implement them.

The most significant change is to the SHIRE, where I added an interface
definition for the SHIRE to implement and pass in to me so that I can
locate information about the origin site that I will need to help
validate the assertion (esp. the signature later on). I will contact
Sridhar directly with some details on it.

The java calls for the AA to use are basically ready to test/prototype
with. It's roughly in the state the HS and SHIRE code was a few weeks
ago. I'll send along some pseudocode for that to CMU.

I will hopefully begin working on the C++ side this week and get the
SHAR side ready to work with. I have a little more ramp up to do there
with OpenSSL and Xerces-C, but I've used both before, so hopefully not
too much of a delay.

Finally, Xerces-J 2.0.0 is officially released, and I will probably look
at migrating us to it. All our other needed libraries apparently test
clean with it, and the old codebase is really not supported much
anymore. I'm also hacking in a fix to the old version that I'd like to
eliminate the need for if I can. This should be transparent to you all
since Tomcat keeps everything isolated.