shibboleth-dev - getting info (eg DN from the cert) from SSL

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

getting info (eg DN from the cert) from SSL

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: getting info (eg DN from the cert) from SSL
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:20:18 -0500

Title: getting info (eg DN from the cert) from SSL
This  came up in yesterday's design call......

Today, out of curiosity, I started looking at some of the  mod_auth_ldap stuff....

This is the particular  module I was looking at:

http://authzldap.othello.ch/index.html

I saw these  sentences on  the front page:

Map the short form of the distinguished name of a certificate and its issuer obtained from the environment of mod_ssl to a user distinguished name in an LDAP directory.

On the Apache modules site, I saw this note attached to  the description of this module:

Requires:  mod_ssl, must be patched for full functionality

So, it appears that there's some experience and  code out there to do this kind of thing.... altho  I certainly don't like the sound of the phrase "must  be patched...".
--

  • getting info (eg DN from the cert) from SSL, Steven_Carmody, 02/05/2002