shibboleth-dev - Status update - from Sridhar

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Status update - from Sridhar

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Status update - from Sridhar
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:04:29 -0500

Subject: Today's design call

Cc: "Scott Cantor"
<>
From: "Sridhar Muppidi"
<>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:06:51 -0600

Steven,

One of my colleagues over here had a medical emergency. I had to take his
place for today and tomorrow for a customer situation - so will not be
able to call-in to the shibb design call today.

Regarding the status, I have the following components developed
1. an apache module which implements the WAYF as well as part of SHIRE
(does not have any SHAR functionality)
2. a servlet which is supposed to have the other parts of SHIRE. This
servlet currently runs on tomcat 4.0 but can be made to run on 3.x too.
This servlet currently uses some of the pseudo code interfaces put out by
scott but can't test it much till we have some code in there. The servlet
then sets a cookie at the browser and redirects the user to SHAR. My
suggeston to scott, is to work on only the java runtime for right now so
that we have user-shire-handle server-shire-shar flow successfully. The c++
parts of the runtime (used by Shar) can be a later step.

Couple of comments:
1. Next Monday (Dec 10th) will be my last working day for this year. Am in
the process of finding out if somebody over here in Austin who help the CMU
and Scott with the integration efforts over the holidays.
2. Should be plan on a face-to-face meeting sometime early next year for a
integration effort? IBM would not mind hosting such a meeting.
Alternatively, I do not mind traveling to either CMU or OSU.
3. Steve, on the issue of IBM trying to work on developing the resource
manager module, Mark Simpson wanted to take that issue and talk to Ken and
yourself at some time in near future.

I apologize for not being on the call. I'll call both Scott and you on Wed.

Regards,
-Sridhar