shibboleth-dev - API tweaks/status

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

API tweaks/status

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: API tweaks/status
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:50:44 -0500

Hello,

I've refreshed the javadocs and pseudocode at
http://usfs2.us.ohio-state.edu/security/Shibboleth/java/

No major changes, but there's now an exception base class that can wrap
other Java exceptions (XML parsing, Dsig stuff, etc.), and I adjusted
some of the XML stuff, which is largely internal anyway.

I'm feeling more comfortable calling this a 0.1 draft that I can start
to implement, as the code in my head is starting to run on my internal
VM, if you will. I'd like to settle the Attribute interface soon, so CMU
can do their design work for future phases, so we can talk about that
interaction a little. The SHAR will be a bit trickier.

There's a bit more to do with SAML status handling (hopefully SAML will
settle on something this week or next as well), and I'll get going on
the C++ side.

In general news, "xml.apache.org/security" currently doesn't build or
run due to a Xalan bug that is fixed but hasn't made its way into a
release yet. I don't expect it to hold us up, since signing won't happen
until phase two or possibly three.