shibboleth-dev - RE: RM within Apache...?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: RM within Apache...?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: RM within Apache...?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 18:14:29 -0500

> We've talked a bit about the relationship between the SHAR and
> the RM......
>
> but, I got to wondering, is there a "standard" RM within Apache that
> will meet our needs? Clearly, there's something that supports
> htaccess files, and a narrow set of directives found in those files.
> But, is there anything that might attempt to match a broader set of
> attributes against policy rules?

I'm not aware of anything particularly ambitious in that department, but I
use mainly iPlanet myself, so my Apache breadth is limited.

Thinking about it a little, it would seem like something LDAP-related might
be a close match, since it might support LDAP filters as access rules.
iPlanet comes reasonably close to that, and the ACL API is pretty flexible
as a way to plug in to the policy evaluator, but when it lost market share,
I lost interest in writing a plugin for it way back when.