research-infrastructure-advocacy - [research-infrastructure-advocacy] "The Minds We Need"

Subject: 2021 Research Infrastructure Advocacy

[research-infrastructure-advocacy] "The Minds We Need"

  • From: Louis Fox <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Howard Pfeffer <>
  • Subject: [research-infrastructure-advocacy] "The Minds We Need"
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 14:55:49 -0700

Colleagues,

We are attaching the final version of our collective efforts:  “The Minds We Need:  Research and Education Infrastructure — Inclusion, Innovation, and Competitiveness.”  We would have liked to continue iterating this document with all of you, but action prevailed over art.

Our advocacy efforts will begin in earnest after the holiday weekend, with our federal legislative liaisons (Internet2, EDUCAUSE, The Quilt, and CENIC) engaging relevant Congressional committees, higher education organizations, and federal agencies.  We would welcome your assistance in this effort, particularly where you have key contacts.

Late yesterday we created a website at www.mindsweneed.org, which will be further embellished after the holiday weekend.

With gratitude for your contributions to this important effort and wishing you the best for a happy holiday weekend,

Louis & Howard

  • [research-infrastructure-advocacy] "The Minds We Need", Louis Fox, 05/28/2021