ren-routing-security - Re: [REN-Routing-Security] Saying hello

Subject: REN Routing Security

Re: [REN-Routing-Security] Saying hello

  • From: Andrew Gallo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [REN-Routing-Security] Saying hello
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 14:11:58 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hello Anita- Welcome on board!

I think focusing on MANRS makes the most sense. We've talked a lot about
RPKI in the past, but that is only one piece of routing security. MANRS
nicely encompasses Route Origin Validation.

Someone suggested I2 meeting of having a member's directory with MANRS
status. I think this is a great idea.

As for other activities- Karl brought up the topic of IRRs, and I think this
might be a good topic for further discussion, at least for me :)

If there is anyone in the community that wants to share how they're using IRR
data, discuss tools and workflow, I'd love to hear it. I've sent sometime
cleaning up both GW campus IRR records, and the records of our regional
(CAAREN). Things look correct, but I'm not entirely sure.
Conceptually, I know how other operators would use this data, but I'd love to
understand in detail, how it is used.

Thanks.