regional-network-technical - 5/1/23: ARIN’s fee increases and how they may affect your organization, 4:00 ET

Subject: Regional Technical Contacts

5/1/23: ARIN’s fee increases and how they may affect your organization, 4:00 ET

  • From: Linda Roos <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: 5/1/23: ARIN’s fee increases and how they may affect your organization, 4:00 ET
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 22:04:05 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=TQ5KBplGx6Il2whY3qElT6Px8J4eKFudHH8BqlqTq+g=; b=G51aiQYgjJduq34Ez8nHzSG4l692YIx1et8xnKoIbXQuAe9M/Na1KcybzrPcdMKxMQQLEhyYj8OGRj5hqCg05jtnSbjBonrapah1V9aaR4RbPTsRzQt/tBpHV4NqIjnm5EwDXaM0gGqLkURnYFhLgzA5qJLz7JNIJu33euoqEVW7h23Y99wV+MYusjzZ8sHsHOYMnx9vaSUTA00KQaDOZUy/QMoSzoMNH8gvP+HKbhfCR/+etOc75dIMSRbYphgYCtFjSjBP1BJLVt+o9/vGOtrUxmF7LjOc7ev1Aotgs8MtOQNmRk05RJAqKpt6DXJjRwlTQR730CGxVLNArtKw2g==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=MSOwV3O6gx8x7iHHuHMv0ELzILap73gCXgxQLfVoqnw5c0QGVvFN8xI1mWfbEsfxUlE8q0SBpxqGl3uwq3UMT1loTSNXFU3jf8ooKFfQ/i5d483AWdKOov8V16Ykii75KVkeJpHLoOqf1XpGA+4bdW62x3O1v3xOM0HEDp6qcg6EF71OCFLhGEzW4NvtfbE8mv4uSeHIaNJglr9qy0W6xzYGHegFFq1m4Qz93iu9POGRWi6T+uAM/kKq6ytX5qyn6/i8wa71Mvgn9z4Vj6xnctue2XcCaKGlROuhQFq8VFG3LF2FMvFzu8S6lHtYDarq+hIbkSVsdpeM0TJhvOLujg==

Dear Connectors and Network Members,
We are holding another webinar to discuss ARIN’s fee increases and how this might affect organizations within the Internet2 community. We invite you, your staff and staff from your member organizations that are affected (see the list here) to attend the webinar on May 1, 2023, 4:00 ET. We want to work together to strengthen routing security using the security services that ARIN provides and those services require that institutions have signed an ARIN agreement. Please help us spread the word to the affected organizations and encourage them to attend the webinar on May 1. Read on for more details. Thanks.
Linda

Meeting To Discuss ARIN’s fee increases and how they may affect your organization:

Tuesday, May 1st, 4pm ET via zoom https://internet2.zoom.us/j/83593854985

Greetings,

We hope this email finds you well. We invite you to an upcoming meeting where we will be discussing a critical topic concerning IP addresses that lack an ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers) agreement. Your participation is essential to ensure that we, as a community, work together to address this issue – potentially saving the community millions of dollars to strengthen routing security.

Approximately 45% of the IP networks in the Internet2 community lack an ARIN agreement. Without this agreement, these networks are unable to take advantage of ARIN’s routing security services. Over time, these security services are becoming a critical component of how our community ensures a reliable and resilient network. If your network is listed here, it’s likely one of the 45% of networks that lack an ARIN agreement.

For the remainder of 2023, the fees for covering these legacy IP networks with an ARIN agreement and gaining access to their routing security services are modest, at $175/yr. ARIN has capped these fee increases to $25/yr. Starting Jan. 1, 2024, these fees will dramatically increase.

ARIN has recently updated their agreement and provided guidance on how to request changes to the agreement. During this meeting will cover:

  • Benefits of an ARIN agreement

  • Details concerning the fee changes

  • How to work with ARIN on the agreemen

Linda Roos
Sr Director, State and Regional Networks
Internet2

812-558-0615