regional-network-technical - CLASS Advanced Cohort #3 Apps Open

Subject: Regional Technical Contacts

CLASS Advanced Cohort #3 Apps Open

  • From: Linda Roos <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: CLASS Advanced Cohort #3 Apps Open
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:56:34 +0000

Hi,
Do you have staff with responsibility for research computing? Please consider having them attend the upcoming CLASS cohort. See below for details. Thanks.
Linda

Community,

Schedule: October 12, 2021- January 27, 2022, plus ongoing optional activities

Read additional information about applying, deadlines, schedules, cost, and other requirements on the program page.

Details:
We are pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for our third Advanced Cloud Learning and Skills Sessions (CLASS) programLearn more about cost, application deadlines, schedules, and other requirements for participation in the Advanced CLASS Cohort. Space is limited, so we encourage early applications.

We recognize that your research computing team’s time is extremely valuable, and we designed CLASS to deliver cloud training that is targeted for research computing needs. An initial cohort began the program last winter, and the second Advanced cohort is well underway. Thanks to the work of many across the Internet2 community, the first phase of the CLASS program exceeded expectations (see the feedback from participants). In addition to valuing the training and workshops, participants have especially appreciated creating an ongoing community of practice for this emerging high demand skill set. In addition, our cloud partners - Microsoft, Google, and AWS - are leveraging CLASS to gain a better understanding of our research computing needs and how to best deliver training and services to support you.

Have colleagues at another institution that could benefit from the CLASS program? Tell a friend! We encourage you to share this email with your colleagues and spread the word further within the community.

Wishing you the best as you prepare for the upcoming academic year. We encourage you to take advantage of this Fall session of CLASS as a way for your research computing teams to gain valuable skills for the upcoming year and beyond.

Dana Brunson
Executive Director for Research Engagement
Internet2
Linda Roos
Sr Director, State and Regional Networks
Internet2

812-558-0615

  • CLASS Advanced Cohort #3 Apps Open, Linda Roos, 07/16/2021