presidents-planning - 2016 PPSP Thank You!

Subject: PPSP planning list

2016 PPSP Thank You!

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: 2016 PPSP Thank You!
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 18:25:19 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Everyone,

Firstly, happy teacher appreciation week!  Thank you for all you do as educators in classrooms, via distance learning, and at interpretive sites all across our country.  I’ve enjoyed watching the kids come alive during your programs over the last few years (and have learned a great deal from each of you myself!).

So we’ve completed another successful year of the Presidential Primary Source Project (note: all of the programs are now available for on-demand viewing from the project webpage:  https://k20.internet2.edu/presidents).

This project is a team effort and I appreciate everyone’s many contributions to making these programs go. To name just a few, Mike Costa’s work testing the video connection with each and every school, Linda Rosenblum serving as MC, Matt Hall for his heroic video archiving efforts, all of our content providers taking the time to craft such engaging programs, and everyone who pitched in to with help promotion and marketing.

Each year we learn a little bit more about how to do this better.  If everyone is game for giving this another go next year, I’d like to propose we gather as a group around mid-summer to discuss lessons learned, make a few course corrections, and sketch out our 2017 program plan.

Until then, enjoy the spring and we’ll be in touch.

Best Regards,
James

James Werle
Director, K20 Initiative
Internet2.edu

  • 2016 PPSP Thank You!, James Werle, 05/05/2016