presidents-planning - Launching the 2015 Presidential Primary Source Project (PPSP)

Subject: PPSP planning list

Launching the 2015 Presidential Primary Source Project (PPSP)

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Launching the 2015 Presidential Primary Source Project (PPSP)
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 17:24:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dear Colleagues,

It is with great excitement and anticipation I'm writing to announce the launch the 2015 Presidential Primary Source Project (PPSP)!  PPSP is the only collaborative distance learning project that brings together historic sites, presidential libraries, and museums from around the country to develop and deliver free standards-aligned programs around a particular thematic topic to K-12 schools and public libraries via interactive videoconferencing over Internet2, our national not-for-profit research and education network. Each of you are receiving this email because your organization has either participated in a past PPSP program or expressed interest in joining us this year.

Our next step is to kick off the project by convening via phone conference in order to accomplish three tasks:  1) choose a topical theme (this year we are proposing we explore presidential leadership in the area of civil and/or human rights); 2) address any of your questions that will help you decide whether you'd like to participate this year as a content provider 3) discuss the 2015 program schedule and next steps.

Please submit your availability for this important kick off call by submitting the following doodle poll by Monday 11/10 - http://doodle.com/g7q5n6nmbu3feckc

Additionally, please review our current list of contacts for each institution and let me know if there are others that should be involved.

If you'd like to get a better sense for what the PPSP is all about, please see the 2014 PPSP program flyer.  As always, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns about participating in the project this year.

Looking forward to working with all of you to make this the best PPSP yet!

Best Regards,
James

James Werle
Director, K20 Initiative