presidents-planning - PPSP - Should we Postpone?

Subject: PPSP planning list

PPSP - Should we Postpone?

  • From: "Carol Willis" <>
  • To: "Ben Fineman" <>, "James McGettigan" <>
  • Cc: "Jeff Hagley" <>, "James Werle" <>, "Nicholas Thompson" <>, <>, <>, "Jennifer Oxenford" <>, "John Fafalios" <>, "Michael Knight" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "John Korb" <>
  • Subject: PPSP - Should we Postpone?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 09:05:02 -0500

Sorry for the cross-posting but I wanted to make sure everyone gave their
input. I know Valley Forge Academy and Valley Forge Nat'l Park won't be with
us tomorrow. I really don't want to pressure people about PPSP when they
need to be concerned about issues related to the storm.

We are flexible about tomorrow. Do you think it's in the best interest of
everyone to postpone? If you do not want to postpone, the TETN bridge can
host the connections.

Enclosed is the document outlining the schools who are confirmed for
interacting, and the current connectivity plan as of last Friday. If we
still want to have the event tomorrow, I will modify the document with the
Plan B info.

Our thoughts are with those who are affected by the storm. Stay safe!
Carol

>>> Ben Fineman
>>> <>
>>> 10/29/2012 7:49 AM >>>
I will discuss with Nick this morning regarding a backup bridge and we will
get those details distributed. This would introduce uncertainty as everyone
is pretested with the primary bridge, but it is an option we can provide.

Regards,
Ben

/*-----------------------
Benjamin J. Fineman
Internet2

(Email and XMPP)
http://www.internet2.edu

734.352.4975 (desk)
734.417.0811 (mobile)
-----------------------*/

On Oct 28, 2012, at 12:56 PM, James McGettigan

> Everyone,
> Provided that can we maintain electrical power and telecommunication
> service, the NPS Northeast regional bridge at Valley Forge is setup to
> support the PPSP event Tuesday, Oct 30th. I plan to be either on site or
> remotely monitoring the NPS bridge.
>
> Is there another Internet2 backup bridge available ? If yes, can someone
> provide the IP call information? We'll have the NPS backup bridge
> identified on Monday(tomorrow), and provide IP and room information for
> content providers.
>
> My cell phone number below and ISP connection are GETS & WEPS enabled.
> Contact us if you require assistance.
>
> Good luck,
> Jim
>

> Sent from my iPhone - (267) 767-3228
>
> On Oct 28, 2012, at 10:50 AM, Jennifer Oxenford
> <>
> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> Just an update from MAGPI. The University has already announced that it
>> will close on Monday and Tuesday for everyone except essential personnel.
>> If we still have power and network connectivity to our storage facility at
>> 401 N. Broad Street we will still be able to provide a recording of the
>> event as John or Michael can connect the MAGPI video streamer remotely. I
>> am guessing that the PA school (Valley Forge Military Academy) might not
>> be in session on Tues although since they are a residential campus it's
>> more
>> likely that they could participate than a regular commuter school.
>>
>> We'll keep you updated of any new changes/information.
>>
>> Best,
>> Jennifer
>>
>> On Oct 26, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Carol Willis
>> <>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I think we are very safe in assuming the I2 bridge will be available for
>>> Oct. 30th. Still waiting to hear from NPS on an alternate bridge.
>>>
>>> James - don't go to that much trouble on your other bridge. We can use
>>> TETN to host the content providers as Plan B.
>>>
>>> Let us know when you can.
>>> Carol

>>> The Commons equipment is on the 2nd floor of a Level3 POP in McLean, VA.
>>> We could be affected, but I would be surprised. We have full backup
>>> power, and are co-located with an Internet2 backbone core router. Thanks
>>>

>>> Jeff Hagley, System Administrator
>>> Internet2
>>> 1000 Oakbrook Dr., Suite 300
>>> Ann Arbor, MI 48104
>>> (734) 352-4247 - Office | (734) 652-4687 - Mobile
>>> (734) 913-4255 - Fax
>>>
>>> Visit our website: www.internet2.edu
>>> Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/internet2
>>> Become a Fan on Facebook: www.internet2.edu/facebook
>>>
>>> On Oct 26, 2012, at 8:31 AM, Nicholas Thompson
>>> <>

>> --Jennifer Oxenford
>> Manager, Member Relations & Communications
> [...]

  • PPSP - Should we Postpone?, Carol Willis, 10/29/2012