perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Opensearch: JSON Mapping Error

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Opensearch: JSON Mapping Error

  • From: "Adam Weed" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Opensearch: JSON Mapping Error
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 16:08:43 +0000

I've got 8 boxes all spamming the same WARN message to /var/log/opensearch/
opensearch.log:

[2024-08-22T10:24:44,045][WARN ][o.o.p.c.u.JsonConverter ] [co-core-
psr.mo.more.net] Json Mapping Error: Cannot invoke
"java.lang.Long.longValue()" because "this.cacheMaxSize" is null (through
reference chain:
org.opensearch.performanceanalyzer.collectors.CacheConfigMetricsCollector
$CacheMaxSizeStatus["Cache_MaxSize"])

Everything else appears to be working; tests are completing and data is being
stored, and pscheduler troubleshoot shows no problems.

The Opensearch github project indicates that this is a bug with the Opensearch
Performance Analyzer, which makes sense given the Java package name:
https://github.com/opensearch-project/performance-analyzer/issues/644

They also list the bug as fixed, even though there are reports after the fix.
The first reports of the bug are on 2.13, and that's exactly what's reported
if I go to https://[perfSonar server]/opensearch

They list a workaround in the bug description that doesn't work for me. Is
there a configuration change I can make to keep my log file sizes down?

  • [perfsonar-user] Opensearch: JSON Mapping Error, Adam Weed, 08/22/2024