perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] [External] Re: Questions around Network Manager, EL 8/9

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] [External] Re: Questions around Network Manager, EL 8/9

  • From: Hunter Fuller <>
  • To: Mark Feit <>
  • Cc: "Masshardt, Eric" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] [External] Re: Questions around Network Manager, EL 8/9
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 11:05:54 -0600

Honestly we have found you can repurpose old gear for 10G as well.
Our oldest test point at the 10G rate is a PowerEdge 1950 manufactured
in 2008, running a single 4-core Xeon E5440.
We also have used old OptiPlexes as well, even the very old rounded
gray type, at the 10G rate.
Given this info, we have not found it difficult to deploy dedicated
devices out of the scrap heap. Just add a cheap 10G NIC and you are
off to the races.

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey