perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] IPv6 tests not completing

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] IPv6 tests not completing

  • From: Shawn McKee <>
  • To: Tim Chown <>
  • Cc: "Weed, Adam" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] IPv6 tests not completing
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 14:38:09 +0100

Thanks Tim,

I thought I would chime in with what I did earlier this week:

systemctl stop nscd
systemctl disable ncsd
yum install systemd-resolved
systemctl enable  systemd-resolved
systemctl start systemd-resolved

(Works on EL7 and EL9 (assuming yum is aliased to dnf))

Shawn

On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 2:28 PM Tim Chown <> wrote:
Hi,

We’ve encountered IPv6 test failures recently and discussed with the devs.  One cause appears to be cache behaviour issues with nscd, so a first step would be to disable that, and if you want cacheing then installed systemd/resolved.  If your test below is to an IPv6 literal address rather than host name, that of course would not use DNS.

It seems likely that a future version of perfSONAR will do both.

Tim