perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Hurricane Electric Super Traceroute

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Hurricane Electric Super Traceroute

  • From: Andrew Gallo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Hurricane Electric Super Traceroute
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 10:00:48 -0400

Has anyone used Hurricane Electric's Super Traceroute?
https://bgp.he.net/traceroute/

It looks like they're using a number of different distributed testing environments, including perfSONAR.

In the 'Select Probe' field, if you type the ASN of a network hosting a perfSONAR node (in the form ASnnnn), you should see the option to select a perfSONAR node.

HE had previously included NLNOGRing nodes, but after a slap on the wrist from the node admins, those test points have been removed.

I hadn't seen it mentioned here, so I figured I would let the community know.

--
Andrew Gallo

  • [perfsonar-user] Hurricane Electric Super Traceroute, Andrew Gallo, 10/31/2023