perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Issues, Toolbox 5.0.4, 2-Host Network

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Issues, Toolbox 5.0.4, 2-Host Network

  • From: Se P <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Issues, Toolbox 5.0.4, 2-Host Network
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 17:57:29 -0700

Hello there,

I am trying to run a simple 2-Host environment for testing the network between two Ubuntu-Server 20.04 machines that are physically next to each other but will be on separate LAN connected through their respective ISP, both using a public-facing IPv4.  Both servers were freshly imaged and perfSonar-toolkit installed just after.

I want to first test perfsonar directly connecting the two servers through a single rj45 cable. After proof-of-concept, moving on to testing over ISP/publicIPv4

I am running through multiple issues along with issues I believe to have resolved such as:

1) Error loading test listing; measurement archive unreachable:
https://[insert_ip]/esmond/perfsonar/archive/
( I have been able to solve 1) in server #1 with a restart, but not server #2.)

2) All detected addresses are private, and private addresses are disabled. No addresses are being shown. To change this, edit
/etc/perfsonar/toolkit/web/web_admin.conf
( directory does not exist in server #2, but does show in #1.  Also, public addresses should show if connected to ISP with a publicIPv4, yes?)

3) pscheduler NOT RUNNING
( I have been able to solve 3) by restarting both machines.)

4) reverse ping cannot execute due to permissions made during install w/default options. I can only run ping in bash with sudo ping.

5) Webserver for #2 as of an hour ago does not load pages, even after restart of machines. Before it tried running and saving test results to archive, but seems it may not have been able to talk to other host and crashed? Possibly due to over 400% CPU utilization on both machines of perfSonar's logstash and opensearc?

Anything that helps would be wonderful.  And I did follow the 5.0.4 install guide, but completely sorry for any obvious steps I may have missed.

Sincerely,
Sean

b8f27a87-2995-4f5f-b79e-affd55305a8f.png
archive_err.png
privateAddr_archive.png
htop_high_CPU.png
47f10e8f-140b-4fee-b3fc-467be9d86b80.png

  • [perfsonar-user] Issues, Toolbox 5.0.4, 2-Host Network, Se P, 08/17/2023