perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Logstash killing CPU on pS-Toolkit node

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Logstash killing CPU on pS-Toolkit node

  • From: "John Merritt" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Logstash killing CPU on pS-Toolkit node
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 01:55:28 +0000

I have taken over admin duties for the node Cas D'Angelo reported high CPU
problems back on April 24th. Looking at the logstash-plain.log log file Andy
mentioned turns up this error which is crashing Logstash

[2023-05-12T21:30:40,362][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute
action
{:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:pscheduler,
:exception=>"Java::JavaLang::IllegalStateException", :message=>"Unable
to configure plugins: (PluginLoadingError) Couldn't find any output plugin
named 'opensearch'. Are you sure this is correct? Trying to load the
opensearch output plugin resulted in this error: Unable to load the requested
plugin named opensearch of type output. The plugin is not installed."

So far I've been unable to figure out the name of the package I'm missing. I
did "yum reinstall perfsonar-logstash-output-plugin" but that hasn't helped.

Any advice?

Thanks!