perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] External Testing

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] External Testing

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Ethan <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] External Testing
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 16:45:08 +0100

W dniu 23.01.2023 o 17:52, Ethan pisze:
So far everything has been running smoothly with my perfsonar tests and the
mesh file I have created is working for the machines I have included. I have
recently added two new machines to my deployment that are outside of my
regular network and have ran into some trouble with test result showing up on
the Maddash webpage. I can run tests from my internal machines to those two
outside nodes with that information showing up on maddash but the tests
running from the outside back to my internal machines do not display
information on the maddash webpage.
I can run manual tests like traceroute from the external machines back to the
internal ones with success so I am confused why information does not display.
I have checked the firewall and I believe it allows everything I need for this
information.
Is this still a firewall issue I am experiencing or am I missing something?

Hi Ethan,

Did you make sure to allow these two new hosts to register the data into the MA? See https://docs.perfsonar.net/multi_ma_install.html#authenticating-measurement-hosts

regards,

--
Szymon Trocha
Poznań Supercomputing & Networking Center