perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Data Collection

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Data Collection

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: "" <>, "Thomas, Philip" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Data Collection
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 09:24:42 -0700

Hi Phil,

There is a histogram-rtt type generated by ping tests. If the perfSONAR instance you are querying does not run ping tests then you will not see any histogram-rtt data. There is also a set of event types ending in “-bidir” associated with ping tests (e.g. packet-loss-rate-bidir). A full list of event types can be found here if that is helpful:

https://docs.perfsonar.net/esmond_api_rest.html#full-list-of-event-types