perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar Test Results

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar Test Results

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Ethan <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar Test Results
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 15:28:11 +0200

W dniu 24.08.2022 o 19:00, Ethan pisze:
Hello! I am just reaching out to anyone who could explain to me a little more
about how Maddash is displaying my information. I have read a lot on the topic
of it reading json files, which I have configured remotely, and then creating
grids on the maddash dashboard and displaying the results. Along with that
json file, I also have a couple toolkits also having tests ran against some
other machines. I also have pscheduler running tests on each of the machines.
I guess I am just confused on what tests are actually being displayed. Are the
tests configured in the json file the only ones that should be showing up on
the dashboard? Are the tests running on the toolkit and pscheduler also
showing up on the dashboard?

Hi Ethan,

In a kind of default deployment tests configured in Toolkit GUI store results only in the local instance of archive and tests configured for the mesh via psconfig JSON template store results in central MA you specified in the template (also because you mostly use perfsonar-testpoint bundle to create meshes than Toolkit). And then only these are shown in Maddash grids created by maddash-agent based on your template file. Some mixed scenario is also possible depending on your endpoint bundle and configuration

Best regards,

--
Szymon Trocha
Poznań Supercomputing & Networking Center