perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Server requirements

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Server requirements

  • From: Michael Mellin <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Server requirements
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 16:34:12 +0200 (CEST)

Hello everyone,

I'm new on this mailing-list, so sorry if this question was previously
answered.

We plan to renew our servers for perfsonar and I didn't find answers in
the documentation [1] at these questions :
- I eard we can use two NICs instead of 2 servers, but it's not clear in
the documentation. Does someone has any more information or ever tried
with 2 NICs ?
- in the documentation, I understand it's a better way to have only one
CPU with the highest frequency. Is it the best configuration when having
one servers (with two NICs) for the two tests (BW, lantency) ?

Have you any other requirements to advice ?

Best regards,
Michael

[1] : https://docs.perfsonar.net/install_hardware_details.html

Michael MELLIN