perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Docker testpoint timezone setting

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Docker testpoint timezone setting

  • From: Johann Hugo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Docker testpoint timezone setting
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 16:22:58 +0200

Hi all

Looks like the default timezone for a docker testpoint container is UCT.

My local timezone is configured in the docker-compose file and passed to the container as an environment variable, but the timezone stays at UCT when the container starts up. I can change it inside the container with "timedatectl set-timezone Africa/Johannesburg" and it's still there if I restart the container.

I was just wondering what the correct way is to configure the timezone for a docker testpoint container.

Regards
Johann

--
SANReN Engineer
South African National Research Network (SANReN)

Office: 012 841 2066Email: Website: www.sanren.ac.za / www.csir.co.za