perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Docker testpoint is not downloading the meshconfig file

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Docker testpoint is not downloading the meshconfig file

  • From: Johann Hugo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Docker testpoint is not downloading the meshconfig file
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 10:47:55 +0200

Hi all

My docker testpoint is not downloading it's meshconfig file (verified with tcpdump on both the docker host and on my PWA server)

[root@ps-100-100g /]# psconfig remote list
=== pScheduler Agent ===
[
   {
      "bind-address" : "155.232.40.194",
      "url" : "http://perf-pwa.sanren.ac.za/pub/config/sanren_mesh_2019.json?format=psconfig"
   }
]

/var/log/perfsonar/psconfig-pscheduler-agent-tasks.log is empty
/var/log/perfsonar/psconfig-pscheduler-agent-transactions.log is empty
/var/log/perfsonar/psconfig-pscheduler-agent.log has the following error:
2022/06/07 07:46:27 ERROR pid=387 prog=main::__ANON__ line=131 msg=Died: /etc/perfsonar/psconfig/pscheduler.d watcher creation failed at /usr/lib/perfsonar/bin/psconfig_pscheduler_agent line 160
No errors in /var/log/messages

DNS inside the container is working fine and it can resolve perf-pwa.sanren.ac.za
Only forward DNS is configured for the container and it's working fine
[root@ps-100-100g /]# host ps-100-100g.perfsonar.ac.za
ps-100-100g.perfsonar.ac.za has address 155.232.40.194

ntpd is running on the docker host.
lsregistration is working fine
The mesh config file is built on a PWA server. All my other servers + Maddash are happy with the mesh config file
I can download the meshconfig with "psconfig translate http://perf-pwa.sanren.ac.za/pub/config/sanren_mesh_2019.json?format=psconfig" and it looks fine.

My server setup:
Ubuntu 20.04.4, with a dual 100g Ethernet interface card
DNS + ntpd is running on the host.
The container uses MACVLAN networking, on its own dedicated Ethernet adapter and it starts up using docker-compose
The testpoint image is set to image: perfsonar/testpoint:latest
The timezone is configured inside docker-compose.yml

Any ideas on how to debug this ?

Regards
Johann

--
SANReN Engineer
South African National Research Network (SANReN)

Office: 012 841 2066Email: Website: www.sanren.ac.za / www.csir.co.za