perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] NIC bonding on PerfSonar to replicate srever environement NIC configuration

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] NIC bonding on PerfSonar to replicate srever environement NIC configuration

  • From: "Dom Ashworth" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] NIC bonding on PerfSonar to replicate srever environement NIC configuration
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:31:26 +0000

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, thanks for a terrific tool.

Your help on the following would be very welcome?

I am looking to deploy perfSonar internally in our company to help identify
in-band packet loss and latency issues. Our server infrastructure connects to
or network using multiple 2 x 10G bonded connections to the Top of rack
network switches. Mode 1 bonding is used which gives Active/Backup capability.
Am I right in in thinking that I should connect the perfSonar servers in the
same way so as to closely replicate the deployment of our server
infrastructure or could I get away using a single homed connection to each ToR
(as inter-cabinet patches are limited)? Would a single homed connection allow
performance monitoring of the same accuracy and equivalence as a NIC bonded
deployment. I would obvious lose network redundancy but I don't really care
about that.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Dom