perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 4.4.0 Beta now available

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 4.4.0 Beta now available

  • From: hito <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 4.4.0 Beta now available
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 11:31:06 -0400

Hello.

Does this release fix the security issue I and some others have reported earlier?

thanks,

Hiro

On 5/19/2021 4:41 PM, Andrew Lake wrote:

All,

The first beta of the next version of perfSONAR 4.4.0 is now available. This is not a final release and should not be put on production systems. We are making it available for wider testing to help get it ready for a final release in the near future. Full release notes can be found here: https://www.perfsonar.net/releasenotes-2021-05-19-4-4-0b1.html

Instructions for installing the beta using the various distribution methods can be found here: http://docs.perfsonar.net/install_rcs.html. If you have a dedicated tester that permanently points at a staging repository, it may have already updated if it is running auto-updates.

Other useful references include:
 - Documentation for the beta can be found here: http://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/4.4.0
 - Toolkit testing checklist: https://github.com/perfsonar/project/wiki/Toolkit-Testing-Checklist
 - Graph Testing Checklist: https://github.com/perfsonar/project/wiki/Graphs-GUI-Testing-Checklist

As always, your help testing is much appreciated and critical to a successful release. We look forward to your feedback.

Thank you,
The perfSONAR Development Team