perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Problems abound

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Problems abound

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Phil Reese <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problems abound
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 21:30:50 +0000

Phil Reese writes:

A colleague and I were adding RabbitMQ archiver to a stable, though
large, JSON file.  In the past, the attempt to add worked, passing data
to RabbitMQ, but over time, it slogged down the MaDDash grid, where full
horizontal grid lines would turn orange.  RabbitMQ was stopped and the
original JSON file as re-published and pushed out. After a few hours
things returned to normal.

From an orange host, I've run 'pscheduler troubleshoot'.  From all
orange hosts, this gets to the very end but fails doing the archive
step.  All the green line hosts pass the troubleshoot test fully!

The RabbitMQ archiver used to have a problem where it wouldn’t time out and exit if it couldn’t write to the queue.  That, in turn, would cause the archiver to get gummed up to the point where it ground to a halt.  We fixed the plugin and made the archiver able to handle those kinds of problems gracefully in issue #1014 and released the improved code in 4.3 (November).

If you’re having the same problem with the current release, let me know and we’ll take a look at it.

Is there a way to dump the current schedule to allow a new JSON file to
populate without having to wait for the old scheduler to clear out?

Andy can correct me if I’m wrong, but restarting psconfig-pscheduler-agent should get you there.

--Mark

Thanks,
Phil