perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Dependency problem with oniguruma and jq

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Dependency problem with oniguruma and jq

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Jean-Michel Barbet <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Dependency problem with oniguruma and jq
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 16:40:50 +0000

Jean-Michel Barbet writes:

It looks like the Perfsonar provide "jq" has a versioned dependency on
libonig.so : libonig.so.2()(64bit) which prevent oniguruma to be
updated.

The requirement in the RPM we ship is and has always been “oniguruma” with no version.  In fact, prior to correcting it two years ago, the dependency was missing entirely.  (See https://github.com/perfsonar/pscheduler/blame/master/jq/jq.spec#L39 and its prior history.)

I’m a little puzzled about why your system won’t upgrade it; this isn’t something we’ve seen elsewhere.  Perhaps instead of going down that rabbit hole, a “yum -y reinstall oniguruma jq” might get everything forced into the right state.

--Mark