perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Graphing/visualization of jitter in perfSONAR

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Graphing/visualization of jitter in perfSONAR

  • From: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • To: Cameron Nemo <>
  • Cc: Ivan Garnizov <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Graphing/visualization of jitter in perfSONAR
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 15:49:37 +0000

Hi Cameron,

Accessing jitter data in Esmond is possible, yes.  If you want to try it I would direct you to the Esmond API documentation at https://docs.perfsonar.net/esmond_api_rest.html and this specific GitHub issue: https://github.com/perfsonar/project/issues/1216

Another possibility, as mentioned by Ivan, is to send your measurement results into and Elasticsearch instance and use Kibana or Grafana to retrieve the data.  If you want to go that path I'd recommend you to have a look at this recording from TechEXtra 2020 perfSONAR day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbST3YHenc that demo how to do it. This repository might also contain some useful information on how to set it up all together: https://github.com/perfsonar/archiving-sandbox

That being said, we're starting development of a future perfSONAR release that should make all of this easier in the future. However we don't currently have any target release date to advertise.

Cheers,

Antoine.