perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] remotely upgrading from CentOS 6 to 7

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] remotely upgrading from CentOS 6 to 7

  • From: Larry Blunk <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] remotely upgrading from CentOS 6 to 7
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 15:11:32 -0500

 We have a number of remote perfsonar nodes still running CentOS 6 and thus stuck at Perfsonar 4.0.  My understanding when I looked at this a few years ago was that it wasn't possible to do an upgrade and a reinstall was required.   However, I'm finding a few recent blog postings suggesting it's possible to do an upgrade --

Alternatively, it looks like one might be able to do a remote kickstart install.

Anyone have any experience with either method?