perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] python-pscheduler still installed after upgrade

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] python-pscheduler still installed after upgrade

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Gerald Vogt <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] python-pscheduler still installed after upgrade
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 15:19:28 +0000

Gerald Vogt writes:

After upgrade to perfsonar 4.3.0 on a CentOS 7 server I still have
python-pscheduler installed:

This causes logrotate to fail for the log file:

Is it safe to remove python-pscheduler-4.2.4-1.el7.noarch?

The safer thing to do would be to comment the contents of /etc/logrotate.d/python-pscheduler or remove it altogether.

I’m doing some testing on what we can do to either patch that or obsolete the old package; the fruits of that will end up in a bugfix release that should happen soon.

Thanks for catching that.

--Mark