perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Archive configuration

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Archive configuration

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Kristofer Hallin <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Archive configuration
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 21:38:44 +0000

Kristofer Hallin writes:

I've tried to enable debug mode and so on but can't find anything useful. I also tried to configure an archive under "/etc/pscheduler/default-archives/" on the probe, and that works perfectly fine.

Andy covered the solution to your problem, but since you mentioned default archives:

The use case that made them exist was a user who wanted to skim off all of a particular kind of measurement and archive them someplace for processing regardless of whether or not the tasks specified that archive.

Under most circumstances, you should never need to configure default archives, and definitely not in conjunction with pSConfig.

--Mark