perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Fwd: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday Oct 2nd @ 2pm ET

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Fwd: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday Oct 2nd @ 2pm ET

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Fwd: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday Oct 2nd @ 2pm ET
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 17:21:17 +0000

Greetings All;

FYI on a talk that may be of interest to this community.  No registration required, yes it will be recorded.

Thanks;

-jason

On September 29, 2020 at 12:57:38 PM, Jason Zurawski () wrote:

Greetings All;

The next CI Eng Lunch & Learn talk will occur Friday Oct 2nd @ 2pm ET.  The speaker will be Edward Colone from The University of Michigan and he will be talking about “Debugging Campus Connectivity with Mobile perfSONAR nodes: A Case Study at the University of Michigan".  Here is a quick abstract for the talk:

This case study will give an overview of techniques developed and the University of Michigan to diagnose and isolate network connectivity problems using mobile perfSONAR nodes across a distributed campus.  Hardware choices, testpoint provisioning, diagnostic methods, and lessons learned will be presented.  Audience members will be able to implement the same procedures at their institutions in order to provide faster and more accurate problem diagnosis and break/fix resolution.

N.B. The Zoom number for 2020 is the same as 2019, connecting via computer preferred if you want to see materials, etc.  We ask that everyone *MUTE* on entry:

Join Zoom Meeting

One tap mobile

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 804 696 793
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aboUJCvWEZ

Join by SIP

Join by H.323
162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
221.122.88.195 (China)
115.114.131.7 (India)
213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
202.177.207.158 (Australia)
209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
69.174.57.160 (Canada)
Meeting ID: 804 696 793

Some other reminders and notes:

 - The next couple of talks as scheduled are:

1) Oct 2nd: Edward Colone / University of Michigan & perfSONAR - Mobile perfSONAR nodes best practices
2) Oct 9th: *None Scheduled*
3) Oct 16th: Oct 16th: Vas Vasiliadis/University of Chicago&Globus - GCS v5
4) Oct 23rd: Michael Smitasin & Jay Krous/LBL - CloudFlare DNS
5) Oct 30th: *None Scheduled*
6) Nov 6th: Edward Colone / University of Michigan & perfSONAR - Provisioning perfSONAR with Ansible
7) Nov 13th: *None Scheduled - SC20*
8) Nov 20th: *None Scheduled - SC20*
9) Nov 27th: *None Scheduled - Turkey Day*
10) Dec 4th: Jeffry Handal/Cisco - IPv6

 - We need volunteers, and want to encourage people discussing topics that are more of a ’tutorial’ nature when possible.  For those wishing to sign up, the link to do so is here (or shoot me a mail):

 - If you wish to invite others from your campus, please do (the zoom can support a very large number of people - more the better)

 - I have posted info on prior recordings to this location:

 - We use YouTube as well:

Thanks;

-jason

  • [perfsonar-user] Fwd: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday Oct 2nd @ 2pm ET, Jason Zurawski, 09/29/2020