perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR tools on Ubuntu 20?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] perfSONAR tools on Ubuntu 20?

  • From: Brian Tierney <>
  • To: "<>" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR tools on Ubuntu 20?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 13:00:39 -0700

I know that perfSONAR is only supported on Ubuntu 18, but I have an Ubuntu 20 host that I need the tools bundle (or better yet, the testpoint bundle  ) on.

I'm getting a dependency error:
 perfsonar-tools : Depends: pscheduler-core but it is not going to be installed

Which fails due to this error:
  E: Package 'python-ntplib' has no installation candidate

python 2.7 is not supported in Ubuntu 20. Is that likely the problem?

Anyone know a workaround for this?  I'm guessing running the docker version of the perfSONAR testpoint would be the way to go?