perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Assistance with setting up postgres clustering on remote postgres server

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Assistance with setting up postgres clustering on remote postgres server

  • From: "Mike Cruzz" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Assistance with setting up postgres clustering on remote postgres server
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2020 01:25:19 +0000

Right of course I had nothing to lose by trying out the 3rd experiment.

So I spun up VM3 and also installed "yum install perfsonar-centralmanagement"

I went back to VM1 and then checked I could connect to postgres remotely after
making some changes on VM3 to allow remote connectivity to the esmond postgres
database.

I then re-ran
esmond_manage add_user_ip_address test-user 10.10.10.0/24

cassandra_db [INFO] Checking/creating column families
cassandra_db [INFO] Schema check done
cassandra_db [DEBUG] Opening ConnectionPool
cassandra_db [INFO] Connected to ['localhost:9160']
cassandra_db [INFO] Checking/creating column families
cassandra_db [INFO] Checking/creating column families
cassandra_db [INFO] Schema check done
cassandra_db [INFO] Schema check done
cassandra_db [DEBUG] Opening ConnectionPool
cassandra_db [DEBUG] Opening ConnectionPool
cassandra_db [INFO] Connected to ['localhost:9160']
cassandra_db [INFO] Connected to ['localhost:9160']
User df1-user does not exist - creating
Setting metadata POST permissions.
api | ps metadata | Can add ps metadata
api | ps metadata | Can change ps metadata
api | ps metadata | Can delete ps metadata
api | ps point to point subject | Can add ps point to point subject
api | ps point to point subject | Can change ps point to point subject
api | ps point to point subject | Can delete ps point to point subject
api | ps event types | Can add ps event types
api | ps event types | Can change ps event types
api | ps event types | Can delete ps event types
api | ps metadata parameters | Can add ps metadata parameters
api | ps metadata parameters | Can change ps metadata parameters
api | ps metadata parameters | Can delete ps metadata parameters
api | ps network element subject | Can add ps network element subject
api | ps network element subject | Can change ps network element subject
api | ps network element subject | Can delete ps network element subject
Setting timeseries permissions.
Creating entry for IP 10.10.10.0/24 belonging to test-user

I guess the next step in the experiment to get VM2 working is to export the
database from VM3 and import it into VM2.

Then restore a VM snapshot on VM1 and retest the esmond_manage
add_user_ip_address test-user 10.10.10.0/24 to see if maybe it does not like
an empty database.

Hopefully I get somewhere to create the postgress database external to the all
in 1 VM.

This may all be unconventional but my limited knowledge in all these
technologies the only option is trial and error.

After this the last step would be to add the http haproxy and keepalived to
loadbalance the httpd traffic but onto problem 2 :))