perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Fwd: CI Engineering Brown Bag - Friday July 24th @ 2pm ET

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Fwd: CI Engineering Brown Bag - Friday July 24th @ 2pm ET

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Fwd: CI Engineering Brown Bag - Friday July 24th @ 2pm ET
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 09:52:59 -0700

Greetings All;

See below for a talk announcement on a perfSONAR topic.  No registration required.

Thanks;

-jason

On July 20, 2020 at 9:23:27 AM, Jason Zurawski () wrote:

Greetings All;

The next CI Eng Brownbag talk will occur Friday July 24th @ 2pm ET.  The speakers will be Nathan Shepherd, Abigail Fox, and Edward Colone from The University of Michigan and they will be talking about “perfSONAR Deployment Technologies (Small Nodes and Embedded Systems) & S3 storage monitoring".  Here is a quick abstract for the talk:

This talk will focus on the experiences at University of Michigan installing and testing perfSONAR on non-traditional hardware platforms such as network hardware (routers) and Single Board Computers such as the Raspberry Pi.  We will also talk about the new perfSONAR S3 storage plugin and perfSONAR plugin development methodologies.

N.B. The Zoom number for 2020 is the same as 2019, connecting via computer preferred if you want to see materials, etc.  We ask that everyone *MUTE* on entry:

Join Zoom Meeting

One tap mobile

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 804 696 793
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aboUJCvWEZ

Join by SIP

Join by H.323
162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
221.122.88.195 (China)
115.114.131.7 (India)
213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
202.177.207.158 (Australia)
209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
69.174.57.160 (Canada)
Meeting ID: 804 696 793

Some other reminders and notes:

 - The next couple of talks as scheduled are:

1) July 24th: Edward Colone / University of Michigan & perfSONAR - perfSONAR Deployment technologies (Small nodes and Embedded Systems)
2) July 31st: Edward Colone / University of Michigan & perfSONAR - Performance monitoring WiFi with perfSONAR
3) Aug 7th: Michael Lambert / PSC - PeeringDB & IRR
4) Aug 14th: Ken Miller / ESnet - Data Movement Exhibition Update
5) Aug 21st: Alan Whinery / U of Hawaii - The IPv6 Only Network: How To Simplify Your Life By Turning Off IPv4
6) Aug 28th: ESnet Staff / ESnet - DTN Design
7) Sept 4th: *None Scheduled, Labor Day*
8) Sept 11th: *None Scheduled*
9) Sept 18th: Sept 18th: Edward Colone / University of Michigan & perfSONAR - Provisioning perfSONAR with Ansible
10) Sept 25th: Michael Sinatra / ESnet - MANRS
11) Oct 2nd: Edward Colone / University of Michigan & perfSONAR - Mobile perfSONAR nodes best practices

 - We need volunteers, and want to encourage people discussing topics that are more of a ’tutorial’ nature when possible.  For those wishing to sign up, the link to do so is here (or shoot me a mail):

 - If you wish to invite others from your campus, please do (the zoom can support a very large number of people - more the better)

 - I have posted info on prior recordings to this location:

 - We use YouTube as well:

Thanks;

-jason

  • [perfsonar-user] Fwd: CI Engineering Brown Bag - Friday July 24th @ 2pm ET, Jason Zurawski, 07/23/2020