perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] pscheduler single-ended nuttcp task?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] pscheduler single-ended nuttcp task?

  • From: Chris Konger - NOAA Affiliate <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] pscheduler single-ended nuttcp task?
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 09:33:57 -0600

Dear perfSONAR users,

I'm curious  whether anyone has successively created a pscheduler single-ended task using nuttcp? What I find odd is it claims to be attempting iperf3 and iperf2 despite my explicitly telling it to use tool nuttcp and which command port to use.

  > pscheduler task --tool nuttcp throughput --single-ended --single-ended-port=65000 -t 300 -s x.x.x.1 -d x.x.x.101 -l 7900 -u -w16m -b 5G
  Submitting task...
  Failed to post task: Unable to complete request: No tool in common among the participants:  x.x.x.1 offered iperf3, iperf2.  [note: I asked for nuttcp!]

Running the equivalent nuttcp command from the shell works perfectly. Perhaps pscheduler has a config file restricting which tests can be run (and nuttcp isn't allowed?)

If anyone else has good ideas of why it is attempting iperf3, iperf2 when I request nuttcp ... please let me know. Thanks!!!

Chris Konger
Sr Network Engineer - Cloud (Contractor)

NOAA
Mail stop: N-Wave
325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80305