perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Installation issues with Pscheduler (not running) & Postgres

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Installation issues with Pscheduler (not running) & Postgres

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Jason Tri Nguyen <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Installation issues with Pscheduler (not running) & Postgres
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 23:00:09 +0000

Jason Tri Nguyen writes:

I recently installed Perfsonar tool kit via "yum install perfsonar
tool-kit" on centos 7 and seeing errors on screen related to
Pscheduler and Postgres. I also see psheduler status as not running on
web gui. I have not seen this before so this might be happening with
new release or something. Please advise. Thanks.

The problem appears to be here:

Installing : python3-psycopg2-2.8.5-1.rhel7.x86_64

The pScheduler RPMs call for a package that provides python-psycopg2 which,
on a CentOS 7 system, should be provided by python2-psycopg2. Your system
may have additional YUM repositories configured; if the python3-psycopg2 is
reporting itself as the provider for python-psycopg2, it's doing so in error.
Running "yum whatprovides python-psycopg2" should give you a hint about what
repo is providing it. On a CentOS 7 system installed according to the
directions, the packages should be provided by the base and perfSONAR
repositories.

I'm unable to reproduce the problem on a minimal CentOS 7 (the Vagrant
centos/7 box) with these steps from the installation instructions:

yum -y install epel-release
yum -y install
http://software.internet2.edu/rpms/el7/x86_64/main/RPMS/perfSONAR-repo-0.9-1.noarch.rpm
yum -y clean all