perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Unverified HTTPS request is being made.

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Unverified HTTPS request is being made.

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Jason Watt <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Unverified HTTPS request is being made.
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 22:24:42 +0000

Jason Watt writes:

Has anyone come across this problem with perf before?  Just about any pscheduler command produces these errors, and archiving quit working.  Here is the last portion of pscheduler troubleshoot:

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:769: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html
  InsecureRequestWarning)
 Failed.
Archiving never completed.

The error message you’re seeing is produced by urllib3, which underpins Python’s requests library.  We replaced that with libcURL in 4.2.0.

If you’re running a prior version, can you let me know what OS you’re running and check what version of python-urllib3 is installed on your system?  There was a change in urllib3 1.25 (released in September) that made it pickier about self-signed certificates, which is what the pScheduler server uses.  I’m not seeing that CentOS, EPEL or Debian has upgraded that far, so I’m a little curious about how  that version got onto your system.

--Mark