perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar & IPv6 behavior

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar & IPv6 behavior

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Garret Peirce <>, ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar & IPv6 behavior
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 20:54:06 +0000

Hi Garrett,

Just to clarify, I don’t think what you said is entirely true for all tests. From your previous communications I think you were running just ping tests which do indeed exhibit this incorrect behavior (something Mark and I have discussed and acknowledge need to be fixed). The throughput and latency tests do not behave in this way and prefer IPV6 without any options if both ends have IPv6 available. Are you seeing the same behavior in these tests?