perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash/mesh setup question (and maddash/mesh docs question)

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash/mesh setup question (and maddash/mesh docs question)

  • From: Pete LG <>
  • To: Andrew Lake <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash/mesh setup question (and maddash/mesh docs question)
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 02:46:41 +0000
  • Feedback-id: TNs4VbNlQMfugmqMENkzMAvVIdmnsB0ZvjbadZwzFRbvA9G2ScEVrbMza_Uti0fWzrm50yRcy5ttyNMC87EVLg==:Ext:ProtonMail

Hey Andrew, It's been a while. Thanks for getting this patch deployed!  I setup some dev perfSONAR vms to test the patch in the psconfig scheduling bug.

Maddash still seems to be on a different schedule though more than once a week.
Here's the config line you sent me while back earlier in this thread.

"schedules" : {
      "schedule_once_a_week" : {
         "repeat" : "P1W",
         "slip" : "PT12H",
         "sliprand" : true
      }
}
This is from a single specific "check detials" in Maddash. All the sites with this schedule show this:
At the bottom of the check for specific throughput test, it says this:
---
Check Interval
This check is run every 1800 seconds when there is no change in the result from the previous run
Retry Attempts
A result must be seen 1 times before changing the status.
Retry Interval
When a change is observed the check will be run every 300 seconds
--

Why would it keep checking every 1800 seconds, if it doesn't update more than once a week?

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks again!
Pete LG

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.