perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] "pscheduler result" raises exception {"result-merged": null}

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] "pscheduler result" raises exception {"result-merged": null}

  • From: Brian Candler <>
  • To: Mark Feit <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] "pscheduler result" raises exception {"result-merged": null}
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 15:58:05 +0100

On 06/09/2019 15:34, Mark Feit wrote:
We've been asked about having the requesting system handle the archiving
instead of the lead participant. I'm not inclined to develop it because it
adds complexity to the system that could be avoided by making sure there's an
accessible network path to the archive.

I note there's already the concept of an "assist node".  If the "assist node" were to become the lead participant (and archiver), that would sort it - but it would imply tests having to be rewritten so that the lead participant and the test source were separate roles.