perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Missing execute bit on reverse_traceroute.cgi

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Missing execute bit on reverse_traceroute.cgi

  • From: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • To: Brian Candler <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Missing execute bit on reverse_traceroute.cgi
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 17:21:11 +0200

Thank you for your report Brian.

> Le 31 août 2019 à 15:47, Brian Candler <> a écrit :
>
> I made a fresh perfsonar-toolkit install in an Ubuntu 18.04 lxd container,
> using the debian package repo.
>
> Problem: clicking on the "reverse traceroute" link on the front page (with
> target/toolkit/gui/reverse_traceroute.cgi) gives me a 500 internal server
> error.

(...)

> It was an easy fix:
>
> chmod +x /usr/lib/perfsonar/web-ng/root/gui/reverse_traceroute.cgi
>
> But it would be good to fix this in the package:

This has been solved and will be available in our next 4.2.1 update. See
https://github.com/perfsonar/toolkit/issues/388

> P.S. There are also a couple of broken image links in the traceroute
> results page, in the top-left corner of the screen.
>
> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/net/wan-mon/stanford-seal.gif
> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/icon/newlogo-sm.gif

The perfSONAR project doesn't maintain this tool, nothing we can do on our
side for now. But thanks for the report.

Regards,

Antoine.

  • Re: [perfsonar-user] Missing execute bit on reverse_traceroute.cgi, Antoine Delvaux, 09/04/2019